We are delighted you are a part of the Los Angeles Music Academy and Conservatory family. As a community music school, LA Music Academy and Conservatory provides education and involvement in music for people of all ages and abilities based on quality instruction in a variety of musical styles fostering lifelong values and an appreciation of the arts.
How to Register
Please feel free to call the Music Academy, 213-471-2124, and discuss registration and enrollment. No fees are charged until lessons begin.
Fees and Discounts
As a community music school, our fees are set at the minimum allowance for classes and lessons; we cannot offer other discounts. Tuition for lessons is the same for all instruments.
- Base Tuition for each private lesson (for Beginners up to Suzuki Level 4 or equivalent level)
30 Min: $30.00/Lesson 45 Min: $40.00/ Lesson 60 Min: $50.00/ Lesson
- Advanced Level Tuition
45 Min: $50/ Lesson 60 Min: $60.00~$80.00 / Lesson (Tuition may vary depend on the instructor)
You may enroll for lessons at any time during the year.
- Unless other arrangements have been made, payment for the entire month is due at the first lesson of the month. (Group & Private)
- A late fee of $5 will be added to any tuition payments received after the 10th of the month. In addition, checks postdated after the 10th of the month will be considered late.
- All students will be expected to attend a lesson each week that lessons are offered.
Tuition is due prior to the start of lessons and classes each term. Tuition will be due every 1st week of each month. Payment may be made by check, money order or credit card. We do not charge additional fees for paying with a credit card, nor do we require auto-draft tuition payments.
Previous account balances must be paid in full before continuing for a new term or registering for new lessons and classes. If a payment is returned due to insufficient funds, there will be an automatic $30 NSF fee charged to the account on file.
- Once enrolled, students are expected to attend all lessons. Make-up lessons are private lesson times with your instructor, the same as with your regularly scheduled private lesson. We do not use group lessons in lieu of the private instruction time with your teacher. Your instructor will work with you to schedule make-up lessons. Generally, these are planned during the make-up weeks designated in the calendar each semester. Other times can also be arranged with you on a case by case basis. Certainly, when life bring an extended absence (such as a broken arm or an extended illness), we will work with this on an individual basis as needed.
- Please communicate with your teacher if you have known schedule conflicts such as family travel or school trips. If you or your child is sick, please notify as soon as possible. If a student goes home sick from school, they are mostly likely too sick to attend their after-school activities. We prefer you take care of your health!
- If a lesson is canceled due to teacher absence, the teacher will reschedule the lesson. Our teachers are active professional musicians and have concerts to perform. They may need to reschedule on occasion. Also, if our teacher is sick, their lessons will be canceled. The teacher will be in contact for your make-up lessons. Most likely, they will discuss this at your next regularly scheduled lesson time. We prefer everyone stays healthy!
- If you must miss a lesson, please call LA Music Academy or to your instructor prior to your lesson time. Unexcused absences are paid lessons for the instructor and must be paid for by the student.
Cancellations for private lessons
- To be eligible to make up a cancelled lesson, the student/parent must give at least 24 hour notice. (This gives teachers time to adjust the schedule.) If a student cancels the day of their lesson due to sickness, we will do our best to offer a makeup lesson (up to one time per semester.)
Cancellations for Group classes
- There will be no make up lessons for group session. If a student doesn’t show up a class, it will be his/her own responsibility.
Guidelines on Practice
- Daily practice is always best. We know this isn’t always possible, but this is the goal. Students participating in our lesson program are required to practice a minimum of five days per week.
- The instructor reserves the right to refuse to do business with anyone for reasons the instructor deems necessary. The student and student’s guardian(s) expressly release and discharge the studio and the instructor from liabilities for any and all claims and demands, known or unknown, presently existing or which may arise in the future.